How can I get a Permit?

Call the Inspections Office, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM at (434)799-5260 and see if a permit is required. If required, you can come in person to our office, Room 208 of the Municipal Building, 427 Patton St., Danville, VA. You can also obtain a permit application on our website. Some jobs may require a zoning clearance (i.e. decks or additions) before a permit can be issued. Call-in and mail-in permits are intended for simple routine replacement projects such as: Alterations to electrical systems, i.e. increasing size of service; Replacing gas and oil heating equipment, i.e. furnaces; Repairing/replacing deck boards (non-structural); Relocating/adding plumbing fixtures.

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a Permit?
2. How can I get a Permit?
3. What information is needed for a Permit?
4. How much do the Permits cost?
5. What is a Rental Housing Inspection Program?
6. How does the Rental Inspection Program work?