Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Construction work is underway on the walking trail extension project in front of Danville Stadium Cinemas. This project will connect the existing trail at the bridge to the intersection of Riverside Drive and Park Avenue.
Future planning would incorporate a pedestrian crosswalk system at Riverside Drive and Park Avenue and sidewalks along Riverside Drive and Park Avenue.
White’s Construction Co. from Sutherlin was the low bid contractor at $156,450. The project is 80 percent funded by Transportation Alternative Program funding through the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT). Local funds make up the remaining 20 percent of the cost.
The project should be completed by July 1.