Emergency and Community Notifications
The City of Danville, VA utilizes a mass notifications system for its citizens. Everbridge is a communication service that sends immediate alerts to Danville's citizens who are subscribed to the system.
All users will have the ability to customize their notification preferences after signing up. Alerts can be sent via email, text, and/or phone call so you never miss important communication about an emergency event in the area. Please be sure to include your address so that location specific alerts, like weather and emergency scenarios, will be sent to your preferred contact method(s).
Examples of routine community notifications include:
- Upcoming Events
- City office closings
- Road closures
Examples of severe weather notifications include:
- Tornado Warnings/Flash Flood Warnings - sent 24 hours a day
- All other weather warnings will only be sent during the hours of 7:00 am and 9:00 pm daily, unless you edit this during your sign up.
Examples of emergency notifications include:
- Boil Water notices
- Shelter-in-place warnings
- Active Threats
City and website notifications
Stay up-to-date with city information and website news by getting automatic alerts for:
- News and announcements
- Police Department media releases and activity reports
- Fire Departments media releases
- Public meeting notices
- Bid postings
Personalize and subscribe to these notifications today!