Apply for a Permit

Engineering Permits

For information on obtaining permits before specific work commences on public or private property, visit the Permit page.

Inspections Permits

The City of Danville Inspections Division issues separate permits for building, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing work to be performed. For a complete listing of permit guidelines, visit the Permit Guideline page. For inspection permits fees, visit the Inspections/Permit Page and for a complete list of forms visit the Forms & Applications page.

Land Disturbance Permit

A Land Disturbance Permit is typically required for Land Disturbing activities 5,000 sf or greater. For more information please visit the Land Disturbance Permit page.

Burning, Blasting, and Fireworks Permits

The Fire Marshal's Office issues permits for burning, blasting, and fireworks. There is no fee associated with our permits; however, an inspection is required for permits. For additional information contact the Fire Marshal's office at 434-799-5226 or visit the Code Enforcement, Investigations & Permits.

Special Use permits

Visit the Planning Commission page.

Public Safety Permits

Find information on block party permits, parade permits, and even taxi permits.

Public Safety Permits


The Danville Circuit Court Clerk's Office handles the processing of these applications. Information on application and renewals can be found on the Danville Clerk of Circuit Court page and on the Virginia State Police website