Quality Customer Service
The City of Danville strives to provide quality customer service. For your convenience we provide a variety of methods for paying your bill:
- Personal Property Taxes Online
- Real Estate Taxes Online
- Utilities Online
- Miscellaneous Payments Online (Public Works miscellaneous, Police Extra Duty, etc.)
- Utilities Phone: 888-918-1140
- Taxes Phone: 844-680-6904
- In Person
- Drop Box Lane
Utility bills can also be paid at the following satellite payment centers:
- American National Bank - Danville locations
- First Citizens Bank - Danville locations
- Virginia Bank and Trust - Danville locations
- A valid government picture ID is required to be presented when requesting a payment extension or seeking other information on an account.
- When paying by check, please include the account number on the check.
If you have questions regarding your bill, or would like to enroll in one of our services, please visit us at the Charles H. Harris Financial Service Center, or call 434-799-5125. We look forward to working with you!
Notice on Temporary Checks
The Division of Customer Accounts does not accept "Starter" or "Temporary" checks for any payments. Payments using temporary checks presented in person will be refused. Payments using a temporary/starter check received via mail will be returned to the customer with a letter notification as to the reason for the return.