Visitation Rules & Regulations
- All visitors to the jail are subject to search and visits may be video recorded.
- To visit an inmate, your name must be on the inmate's visiting list.
- No more than three visitors allowed per visiting day.
- Visitors must register at the public window at least 20 minutes prior to scheduled visiting time.
- Visitors 18 years of age and older must present photo identification to visit.
- Former inmates must wait 30 days before visiting inmates in the Danville City Jail.
- Only persons visiting will be allowed in the Courts and Jails Building.
- All children regardless of age must be on the visiting list in order to visit.
- Only inmates may change their visiting list (officers may not tell inmate to place names on visiting list).
- Do not prop open doors to visiting rooms.
- Smoking is prohibited in the visiting rooms and in the Attorney's room.
- No children are to be left unattended in the lobby.
- No items may be left for inmates on visiting day.
- Any visitor violating any of the rules and regulations of visiting will not be allowed to visit and may lose the privilege of visiting at later dates.
- Any visitor behaving in a disorderly manner or who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to visit and must leave the building. Refusal to leave will result in criminal charges being filed.
- All special visits must be requested by the inmate and approved by the supervisor on duty. No special visits will be granted on weekends or holidays.
For more information, contact the Jail at 434-799-5130.