- 4:00 p.m.
- Second Tuesday of the month
- Danville Regional Airport
424 Airport Dr.
Danville, VA 24540
The Airport Commission consists of eight members that serve three-year terms, with a majority having business interests and not being licensed pilots, designated as follows:
- Four from the City of Danville
- Two shall be licensed pilots
- One shall be a member of the Danville Development Council
- At least two shall be at large appointees appointed from either Caswell County, Pittsylvania County, Halifax County, or a combination thereof
- The City Manager or his designee and the Director of Transportation Services shall be ex-officio members without the right to vote or to serve as officers
Regular Meeting Agendas Regular meeting agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Regular Meeting MinutesRegular meeting minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
The functions of the Airport Commission include:
- Establishing and approving policies, including hangar fees, minimum operating standards, and ground lease fees
- Developing short- and long-range plans for the Airport along with funding sources
- Reviewing and approving the preparation of the annual Airport Budget
- Monitoring the Airport Manager’s administration of Airport policies
- Developing priorities and goals for Airport development
- Promoting the Airport for economic development, general aviation, and commercial air service uses