- How do I enter a display?
Submit a registration form to Taylor Roberts at email@example.com. Registration forms are available on the Community Holiday Light Show page or at the Danville Welcome Center.
- Do displays have to be homemade?
Displays can be purchased or handmade. No inflatables are allowed. Lighted displays only.
- Are there restrictions on who can decorate a display?
Any businesses, organizations, families, and individuals can build a display. A local non-profit must be designated.
- What is the size of the area in which we may build our display?
The size of your area depends on the spot in the park that you choose to decorate. Builders are encouraged to decorate the trees and bushes in the spot they pick.
- How will we power the displays?
Power boxes will be set up at designated areas in the park. You will be supplied with 100 foot of cord from your power box to your display. Your group will be responsible for any extra cord needed.
- Is there a deadline to register for a display?
December 2 is the deadline to register for a display.
- When will be park be open to set up our display?
You can start setting up your display on November 30 and it must be completed by December 11. There will be a test run of lights on December 12.
- If my group volunteers to work the event, how much money will they receive?
Groups receive $2 from each vehicle that enters the show on the night the group works. Your group may sign up to work more than one night if there are any available. A lottery draw among all groups volunteering will be held to determine the night the group will work.
- How is the "Best in Show" winner determined?
Each vehicle receives a ballot and is asked to turn in their vote at the end of the show. There is one vote per vehicle.
- Who does the money for the "Best in Show" go to?
Each builder designates a non-profit organization that the money is awarded to.
- What happens if it rains?
The Community Holiday Light Show is open rain or shine. If there is extreme weather, closings will be announced on the Danville Parks and Recreation Facebook page and the Community Holiday Light Show Facebook Event page.
- What nights is Santa there?
Santa is in Children's Village December 13 - 23. Children's Village is not open on Christmas Day.
- How much is Children's Village?
Children's Village is included in the price of admission. Children's Village includes pictures with Santa, hot chocolate, coloring sheets, and a train model display.
- Can I just go see Santa?
Visitors must go through the Light Show first.
- Do you accept credit cards?
This is a cash-only event. There is an ATM in the Ballou Park shopping center.
- Where do I enter the Light Show?
The Park Avenue is the entrance to the show.
- Can I volunteer at the Light Show?
Individuals can volunteer inside Children’s Village. Groups/organizations can volunteer to work the gates. All volunteers are subject to a background check.
- Can I walk through the lights?
For safety reasons, only vehicles allowed. There will be a Bark the Halls event on the night the lights are tested. You can bring your dog and walk through the lights. Be sure to bring a flashlight.