Danville Celebrates Fourth of July
Sunday, July 4, 2021
Patriot Challenge: Anglers Park, race starts at 8:00 a.m.
Start Independence Day off with the Patriot Challenge at Anglers Park followed by an ice cream social!
Click the Patriot Challenge tab on the left to read the rules and regulations for the race.
Registration is $30 per runner or $25 per runner for a group of four or more people. Call (434) 793-4636 to register.
July 4 Celebration: Carrington Pavilion, gates open at 6 p.m. Free Admission.
Activities include inflatables, vendors, a magician, and more! The Danville Symphony Orchestra will perform at 7:50 p.m. Thank you to our sponsors: URW Community Federal Credit Union, J&J Truck Sales, and J&J Equipment Rentals.
Riverfront Park Parking: As a fundraiser for Riverfront Park, Danville Parks and Recreation will be selling reserved parking in the park to view the fireworks celebration. Tickets cost $25. Only a limited number are available. Ticket holders will be able to park in their spot between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. One ticket per vehicle. Standard passenger vehicles only. To purchase a ticket, call (434) 799-5195 or visit the Danville Public Library from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Important Fireworks Information:
- Fireworks will begin around dusk on Sunday, July 4, weather permitting
- Fireworks will be detonated from southbound lane of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Bridge (Main Street Bridge)
- The southbound lane and all access lanes (closest to the YMCA) will close at 1 p.m.
- The northbound lane and all access lanes will close at 8 p.m.
- Portions of the Riverwalk Trail will be closed
- Residents should obey all traffic signs and detours
- The train trestle pedestrian bridge at the Crossing will close at 9 p.m.
- Before you leave your house, make sure your dogs are safe inside
- Free parking is available throughout the River District
- Parks and Recreation offices will be closed on Monday, July 5